Savings & CDs
Limited-time Offer: 13-Month Certificate of Deposit Special
Open a CD of $5,000 or more to lock in a higher rate (4.00% APY*) for 13 months. Your CD earns a fixed rate throughout the term. This special is available for individuals and ministries.
"We like to put our money where our mouth is, so to speak, and we felt this was a way we could save for our goals in a more faithful way."
Pastor, St. Philip Lutheran Church Glenview, Illinois
The ELCA Federal Credit Union Savings and CD accounts include the following FREE services:
Mobile App: Account Access Whenever, Wherever
- Deposit checks using Remote Deposit Capture*
- Search for a free ATM nearby
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds to/from internal and external (A2A) accounts
- Send money to anyone by text or email using person-to-person payments (P2P)
- Sign up for eAlerts and much more
*First-time remote deposit users must complete a brief enrollment process. Launch our app, select Remote Deposit and then click Sign Up to enroll. New users are typically approved by the following business day. Normal check-hold policies apply.
Free Online Banking: Freedom to Bank from Wherever You Are
- Access all of your savings account details online, including account balances, pending transactions and a complete transaction history with links to images of checks
- Open a checking account, secondary savings account or CD
- Apply for a loan or credit card
- Get your free monthly eStatement online as soon as it’s ready. No waiting for the mail. And because it’s paperless, it’s the green way to bank.
- Set up free eAlerts to let you know if an account balance is low or high, when an automatic withdrawal or deposit is made or when a loan payment is due
- Complete Member-to-Member (M2M) transfers, which allow you to transfer funds immediately and directly to other ELCA Federal Credit Union members
- With Account-to-Account (A2A) Transfers you can link your ELCA FCU account with your accounts at other financial institutions and transfer funds to and from these accounts free of charge.
- Quickly and easily transfer funds to anyone using Person-2-Person (P2P) payments. All you need is an email address or cell phone number. This service is free of charge and in most cases, the money arrives in just a couple of days. Must be enrolled in our free bill pay.
Free Bank by Phone with CU*Talk
- Check balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Hear recent account activity such as recently cleared checks
CU*Talk is available in English and Spanish and it’s completely free.
- When your account balance is above or below a designated threshold
- When an ACH deposit or withdrawal occurs
- Loan payment due date
- General account notices for overdrafts, CD maturity and more
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 12/20/2023 and is subject to change at any time. $5,000 minimum amount to open. This certificate has a term of 13 months. Penalties are imposed for early withdrawal of certificates. This will reduce earnings on the account. Funds cannot be withdrawn prior to stated maturity. Early withdrawal penalty is up to 90 days of dividends earned. This certificate special is non-renewable. Upon maturity you have seven days to close the certificate. Otherwise, it will automatically roll into a 12-month certificate at the stated rate offered at that time.