Savings & CDs
"We like to put our money where our mouth is, so to speak, and we felt this was a way we could save for our goals in a more faithful way."
Pastor, St. Philip Lutheran Church Glenview, Illinois
The ELCA Federal Credit Union Savings and CD accounts include the following FREE services:
Mobile App: Account Access Whenever, Wherever
- Deposit checks using Remote Deposit Capture*
- Search for a free ATM nearby
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds to/from internal and external (A2A) accounts
- Send money to anyone by text or email using person-to-person payments (P2P)
- Sign up for eAlerts and much more
*First-time remote deposit users must complete a brief enrollment process. Launch our app, select Remote Deposit and then click Sign Up to enroll. New users are typically approved by the following business day. Normal check-hold policies apply.
Free Online Banking: Freedom to Bank from Wherever You Are
- Access all of your savings account details online, including account balances, pending transactions and a complete transaction history with links to images of checks
- Open a checking account, secondary savings account or CD
- Apply for a loan or credit card
- Get your free monthly eStatement online as soon as it’s ready. No waiting for the mail. And because it’s paperless, it’s the green way to bank.
- Set up free eAlerts to let you know if an account balance is low or high, when an automatic withdrawal or deposit is made or when a loan payment is due
- Complete Member-to-Member (M2M) transfers, which allow you to transfer funds immediately and directly to other ELCA Federal Credit Union members
- With Account-to-Account (A2A) Transfers you can link your ELCA FCU account with your accounts at other financial institutions and transfer funds to and from these accounts free of charge.
- Quickly and easily transfer funds to anyone using Person-2-Person (P2P) payments. All you need is an email address or cell phone number. This service is free of charge and in most cases, the money arrives in just a couple of days. Must be enrolled in our free bill pay.
Free Bank by Phone with CU*Talk
- Check balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Hear recent account activity such as recently cleared checks
CU*Talk is available in English and Spanish and it’s completely free.
- When your account balance is above or below a designated threshold
- When an ACH deposit or withdrawal occurs
- Loan payment due date
- General account notices for overdrafts, CD maturity and more