Savings & CDs
Membership Savings Account
Dream Big – Save Big
Your ELCA Federal Credit Union Regular Savings Account is your gateway to credit union membership and services, including interest rates that beat many other financial institutions. When you join the credit union, you join a community whose members invest in each other.
- Become a member by opening a credit union savings account with as little as $25
- Remain a member by maintaining a balance of at least $25; it's your deposit and ownership share in the credit union
- Deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
- Your money stays local and services other members of your faith community
As part of a not-for-profit financial cooperative, you’ll see your savings translate into lower rates for loans and credit cards, reduced fees and enhanced services. Also, your savings may become a loan that allows another member to buy a new car, pay tuition or meet some other household expense.
Christmas Club Savings Account
A Debt-free Christmas
Make your Christmas merrier with a Christmas Club Savings Account. By setting up an automatic direct deposit to this account, you will be prepared for holiday shopping at the end of the year. Funds from your Christmas Club Savings Account are automatically disbursed to your Regular Savings Account the first week of November.
Use your free ELCA Federal Credit Union Mastercard Debit Card to buy Christmas presents without incurring credit card debt. Your Christmas will be paid in full before the presents are opened!
Certificates of Deposit
Stash Cash for Bigger Earnings
Earn a higher rate of interest on your savings with a Certificate of Deposit. CDs are available in terms ranging from 12 to 48 months. Your CD investments earn a fixed rate throughout the term and can be automatically renewed.
"We like to put our money where our mouth is, so to speak, and we felt this was a way we could save for our goals in a more faithful way."
Mobile App: Account Access Whenever, Wherever
- Deposit checks using Remote Deposit Capture*
- Search for a free ATM nearby
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds to/from internal and external (A2A) accounts
- Send money to anyone by text or email using person-to-person payments (P2P)
- Sign up for eAlerts and much more
Free Online Banking: Freedom to Bank from Wherever You Are
- Access all of your savings account details online, including account balances, pending transactions and a complete transaction history with links to images of checks
- Transfer funds between your savings and checking accounts, credit cards and loans
- Open a checking account, secondary savings account or CD
- Apply for a loan or credit card
- Get your free monthly eStatement online as soon as it’s ready. No waiting for the mail. And because it’s paperless, it’s the green way to bank.
- Set up free eAlerts to let you know if an account balance is low or high, when an automatic withdrawal or deposit is made or when a loan payment is due
- Complete Member-to-Member (M2M) transfers, which allow you to transfer funds immediately and directly to other ELCA Federal Credit Union members
- With Account-to-Account (A2A) Transfers you can link your ELCA FCU account with your accounts at other financial institutions and transfer funds to and from these accounts free of charge.
- Quickly and easily transfer funds to anyone using Person-2-Person (P2P) payments. All you need is an email address or cell phone number. This service is free of charge and in most cases, the money arrives in just a couple of days. Must be enrolled in our free bill pay.
Free Bank by Phone with CU*Talk
- Check balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Hear recent account activity such as recently cleared checks
- When your account balance is above or below a designated threshold
- When an ACH deposit or withdrawal occurs
- Loan payment due date
- General account notices for overdrafts, CD maturity and more