Ministry Savings Account
Prepare for your ministry’s future and have a gateway to credit union membership and services.
- Open and maintain a savings account with as little as $25 to become a member
- Deposits federally insured up to the $250,000*
- No maintenance fees for managing your ministry finances
Ministry Certificates of Deposit
Earn a higher rate of interest on your savings and enjoy investment flexibility for your ministry.
- Terms ranging from 12 to 48 months
- Deposits federally insured up to $250,000*
Ministry Checking Account
Take the stress out of your ministry finances by opening a free checking account.
- Earn dividends by maintaining an average daily balance of $2,500
- Free bill pay (See fee schedule)
- No maintenance fees
- Simplify check deposits with Ministry Check Item Processing Services (Request Details)
All ministry deposit accounts fund low-cost loans to other ELCA congregations, individual congregants, pastors, seminarians and ecumenical partners.
*Insurance provided by National Credit Union Association (NCUA)
Savings Account, Checking Account or CD
Credit Cards and Loans
Ministry Credit Card Program
A cost-effective alternative to standard corporate credit card programs with flexible options tailored to meet a ministry’s unique needs. Includes a deposit-secured program: your ministry can earn dividends on the secured deposit while reaping the exclusive benefits of World Mastercard® with no annual fee. Also, the card is compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay, so purchases can be made through your mobile device's digital wallet.
ELCA congregations and related ministries can borrow up to $100,000 at favorable interest rates for small projects and purchases, including building repair and supplementing operating expenses. Both fixed-rate loans and adjustable-rate loans (with rate reviewed after five years) are available. Ministry loans are also available for vehicle purchases.
For loans larger than $100,000, please contact our ministry partner, the Mission Investment Fund.