Buying a New Home
ELCA Federal Credit Union can offer exceptional rates and personalized service and support for your home mortgage,* every step of the way. We offer fixed and adjustable-rate mortgages at a variety of terms.
Home purchase basics >>
What do I need to know to buy?
Loan types >>
Which loan is right for me?
Affordability Calculator >>
How much can I afford to pay for a home?
Payment Calculator >>
How much will my payments be?
Mortgage Checklist >>
Do I have everything I need to move forward?
Refinancing a Mortgage
Refinancing your mortgage* may help you lower your monthly payments or shorten the term of your mortgage. The ELCA Federal Credit Union offers both refinancing and cash-out refinancing for existing mortgages.
Should I Refinance? >>
Estimate the benefits of refinancing using this calculator.
Home Equity Line of Credit
A home equity line of credit, also known as a HELOC, is a common way to finance home improvement or other large expenses — in or outside of the home. Secured by the equity of your home, a HELOC allows you to borrow as little or as much as you need. And as you pay off your balance, the amount of credit available to you is replenished — similar to a credit card.
A home equity line of credit with the ELCA Federal Credit Union has a 5-year draw period and a 10-year repayment period; total term of 15 years. For the duration of the 5-year draw period, you pay interest only. You pay both principal and interest during the 10-year repayment period.
If you are interested in learning more about a HELOC or personal loan to finance an upcoming expense, contact us to let us know how we can be of service.Contact Us
Mobile App: Account Access Whenever, Wherever
- Deposit checks using Remote Deposit Capture*
- Search for a free ATM nearby
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds to/from internal and external (A2A) accounts
- Send money to anyone by text or email using person-to-person payments (P2P)
- Sign up for eAlerts and much more
Free Online Banking: Freedom to Bank from Wherever You Are
- Access all of your savings account details online, including account balances, pending transactions and a complete transaction history with links to images of checks
- Transfer funds between your savings and checking accounts, credit cards and loans
- Open a checking account, secondary savings account or CD
- Apply for a loan or credit card
- Get your free monthly eStatement online as soon as it’s ready. No waiting for the mail. And because it’s paperless, it’s the green way to bank.
- Set up free eAlerts to let you know if an account balance is low or high, when an automatic withdrawal or deposit is made or when a loan payment is due
- Complete Member-to-Member (M2M) transfers, which allow you to transfer funds immediately and directly to other ELCA Federal Credit Union members
- With Account-to-Account (A2A) Transfers you can link your ELCA FCU account with your accounts at other financial institutions and transfer funds to and from these accounts free of charge.
- Quickly and easily transfer funds to anyone using Person-2-Person (P2P) payments. All you need is an email address or cell phone number. This service is free of charge and in most cases, the money arrives in just a couple of days. Must be enrolled in our free bill pay.
Free Bank by Phone with CU*Talk
- Check balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Hear recent account activity such as recently cleared checks
- When your account balance is above or below a designated threshold
- When an ACH deposit or withdrawal occurs
- Loan payment due date
- General account notices for overdrafts, CD maturity and more