As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, the ELCA Federal Credit Union can offer lower loan rates than most other financial institutions.
"Marie has been wonderful! Extremely thorough and she has explained everything along the way. Customer service level: expert. She helped me consolidate loans and reduce my interest rates, saving me hundreds of dollars over the life of the loans. The whole process could not have been easier. Personal touch at every step along the way!"
Member, Faith Lutheran Church Waconia, Minnesota
Loan accounts include the following FREE services:
Mobile App: Account Access Whenever, Wherever
- Deposit checks using Remote Deposit Capture*
- Search for a free ATM nearby
- Pay bills
- Transfer funds to/from internal and external (A2A) accounts
- Send money to anyone by text or email using person-to-person payments (P2P)
- Sign up for eAlerts and much more
*First-time remote deposit users must complete a brief enrollment process. Launch our app, select Remote Deposit and then click Sign Up to enroll. New users are typically approved by the following business day. Normal check-hold policies apply.
Free Online Banking: Freedom to Bank from Wherever You Are
- Access all of your account details online, including account balances, pending transactions and a complete transaction history with links to images of checks
- Transfer funds between your savings and checking accounts, credit cards and loans
- Open a checking account, secondary savings account or CD
- Apply for a loan or credit card
- Get your free monthly eStatement online as soon as it’s ready. No waiting for the mail. And because it’s paperless, it’s the green way to bank.
- Set up free eAlerts to let you know if an account balance is low or high, when an automatic withdrawal or deposit is made or when a loan payment is due
- Complete Member-to-Member (M2M) transfers, which allow you to transfer funds immediately and directly to other ELCA Federal Credit Union members
- With Account-to-Account (A2A) Transfers you can link your ELCA FCU account with your accounts at other financial institutions and transfer funds to and from these accounts free of charge.
- Quickly and easily transfer funds to anyone using Person-2-Person (P2P) payments. All you need is an email address or cell phone number. This service is free of charge and in most cases, the money arrives in just a couple of days. Must be enrolled in our free bill pay.
Free Bank by Phone with CU*Talk
- Check balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Hear recent account activity such as recently cleared checks
CU*Talk is available in English and Spanish and it’s completely free.
- When your account balance is above or below a designated threshold
- When an ACH deposit or withdrawal occurs
- Loan payment due date
- General account notices for overdrafts, CD maturity and more